Travel within the fifty (50) United States is deemed as domestic travel. Domestic travel can be arranged and reimbursed by:
- Pay for conference or event using your department's ProCard
- Completion of the travel approval form is required for all out of state travel.
- A document # will generate by filling out the travel approval form. (This number will be used throughout your trip documentation and will allow the Travel Department to match up your pre-trip information with your post-trip reimbursement. Be sure to note it!!!)
- Once your trip has been Approved, obtain a ticket through one of our authorized agencies. Be sure to include your employee #, document # (from travel approval form), and KFS account # if asked.
- Apply for union funds if applicable. UCPEA / Other Unions
- After completing the travel approval form, if you have a travel advance, print and sign the confirmation/promissory note and send it via fax to (860) 486-2089
- Parking permits for Bradley Airport will be mailed upon receipt of the faxed Travel Approval form. Approvals finalized within 5 business days of departure will be available for pick up in Travel Services.
- Travel advance checks will be issued 3-5 days prior to your trip.
- Recommended - For those registered for ACH/direct deposit your advance check will be automatically deposited into your account on file
- Paper checks can be picked up at the Disbursement Office in Accounts Payable (Second Floor - New Central Warehouse Building). Checks for employees outside of the Storrs campus will be mailed.
- Enjoy your Trip!!!!
- Travelers or their designee should complete and print out the Travel Reimbursement Form. Be sure to use the same document # on the Travel Approval Form.
- Obtain appropriate signatures (Signature authority will be verified against the Administrative Task Authorization Tool)
- Send the original back to the Travel Department with the appropriate original receipts and a copy of the 'Approved' Travel Approval Form.
- If you are due back funds from your trip
- Once your reimbursement form has been fully processed by the Travel Department, UConn will make a deposit into your account on file if you are registered for ACH/Direct Deposit. If you will receive a paper check, it will be mailed to you.
- Settlement - If you did not use the full amount of your travel advance and owe money back to the University
- Include a check for the amount owed, payable to UConn, along with your Travel Reimbursement Form.